Thursday, March 26, 2015

FUSION {Birthday Wishes in Red, Green & Yellow}


Hi stampy friends! This week I am thrilled to be Guest Designing for my Challenge called FUSION. My dear friend and designer, Amy Tsuruta, is taking this challenge off at FUSION and so I decided to jump in for her!

This week we have a cupcake for inspiration. I create all the sketches and the inspirations for FUSION, and I chose this cupcake because of the cupcake liner. LOVE the texture on it. So I reached into my hoarded stash of embossing folders and chose a criss-cross pattern to mimic the texture on the cupcake liner. I also went with a birthday theme sentiment using the Poppy Birthday stamp set from Verve.



I used the flowers from a retired Stampin' Up set called Peaceful Petals. I wanted the flowers to pop, so I kept my background white. The sketch comes from the current SCS Sketch. I went with an A2 card and used the large yellow flower as the #4 piece of the sketch. I also used the fun colours at The Color Throwdown. The inspiration photo got me thinking about flowers. I tried to find a suitable red copic in my stash, for a more muted look. I tried to shade the large yellow flower to match the yellow flowers on the dress.



Thank you for stopping by my blog! I had so much fun creating my card for FUSION. I hope you will come and play along with us.


15 comments:

  1. Wow, Lesley, I love the clean, crisp look of this card, but that it still has so much great detail! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flowers, and the embossed background is beautiful! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this! Your coloring is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so gorgeous, Lesley! You really worked this sketch well; it would have totally intimidated me. The flowers are just stunning! Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lesley - the pop of red really packs a punch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous flowers!! Love the embossed background!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is absolutely STUNNING! Those beautiful flowers just pop off the white background! Thanks for playing along with The Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love to see what you created with my sketch Lesley! Love the all the texture! Gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is so pretty. Love the coloring on the fussy cut flowers. The white dry embossed background and circle look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)