Sunday, June 22, 2014

Craftroom Clean Up (with photos) and Viva la Verve {Thank You}


What a great weekend. I had a super time with some good friends yesterday! It was nice to hang out and connect. I ate WAY too much food! I am STILL full. I think I will be digesting all day today. Boy, it was yummy! I have been stamping up a storm this morning. It feels so good to have my organized room back. I carefully cleaned up after each card I made today. Yesterday I tackled the disaster of my craft space. It was bad...I took photos (nope, you are not seeing the floor) and I have a before/after reveal.


Yes I have a bottle of wine in my room...no I am not drinking it...it is there for tags and wine bottle photos for some projects I make! LOL! I cannot believe I am sharing the mess! Please no judging! 


Everything was piled up and it was a complete disaster...is your room this bad full? My room gets like this when I am super busy but have design team commitments...anyway, an hour of hard work and major recycling, I went to work and got back my desk area. It feels amazing and my card making mojo returned!




I made a card for the current Viva la Verve Challenge. Love the sketch and colours!

 



I kept my card simple. I was excited to ink up some new Verve goodies! I LOVE sunflowers and these pretty blooms seemed to go well with the colour combo. I found some gingham paper in my stash too...I have had it for a LONG time...I found it when I cleaned up yesterday! It was meant for this card I think!




10 comments:

  1. Way to flash the Verve, Lesley :) My desk has been known to resemble yours so you are in good company LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super impressive Lesley! The yellow is fantastic and the dp's gorgeous! I did the same thing yesterday, but today I am working on my 12 Kits cards and my 12 Kits - kit! #gettingmessyagain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun smile-making card with the sweet flowers! and 'discovered' papers! Perfect combination. As for your crafting space....I'm wearing green with envy! Wish I had space like yours to mess up, then tidy up, then mess up...My 2 x 2 corner of the kitchen counter doesn't measure up, but I do manage to create clutter there too. One of these days I'll have a 'real' craft room. I hope!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lesley for sharing your creative spot. Your cards are always an inspiration to me. How to you remember all the stamps you have and which ones to use? I basically use Stampin' Up and I can't keep them straight and you use many companies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Love those blooms.
    I can definitely relate to your before photo. Hopefully I can get mine looking like your after photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley, back from vacay and playing catch up! Love everything from the past week. Really sweet PS release projects and this post clean up card is as pretty as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is full of happiness and sunshine..love it.
    Wow to your space...nice clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so sweet! And I love the fact you shared your clean up process. ;) I do have a mess at times, though it's usually on my dresser. I don't have a craft room! I have a little corner area of my bedroom that I use for my crafting 'room'. So, I try to keep things tidy most of the time, otherwise you'll walk in and notice a bunch of 'stuff' taking over the room! lol I'm really trying to find something to house most of my things and still look nice. ;) Okay, I'm rambling now...Have a good day and happy crafting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh thanks for sharing a peek at your desk! Now I don't feel so bad! Mine gets to looking terrible when I'm on a roll! heheh! Your card is gorgeous! I just love gingham!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful card! Love the shading on the flowers and that soft gingham in the background.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)